Links to educational sites and resources on the internet
- AACTE Education Policy Clearinghouse
- The purpose of this site is to promote access to high quality information that will assist users in the study of education policies, especially as related to teacher preparation. The AACTE Education Policy Clearinghouse is designed to help people access information on education policy at the national, regional, or state level.
- ERIC: Education Resources Information Center
- This free database from the United States Department of Education indexes a variety of education-related articles. Some resources are available for free online while others must be obtained elsewhere. The site includes the ERIC Thesaurus.
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- The committee that monitors legislation on education, child labor, school food programs, workers' compensation, vocational rehabilitation, labor wages and hours, and work incentive programs.
- National Center for Education Statistics
- "NCES is the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data that are related to education in the United States and other nations." Look here for statistical information on all levels of education. The site includes an encyclopedia of education statistics, an FAQ, activities for children, and a catalog the best search engine based on the information you have, and other resources for teachers.
- Peterson's Education Center
- Online, searchable versions of the popular Peterson's educational guides. Active sections are private college-preparatory schools, undergraduate colleges, graduate and professional study and
- TED: Ideas worth spreading (in Technology, Entertainment, & Design)
- TED is a nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. It started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment, Design. Since then its scope has become ever broader. Along with two annual conferences -- the TED Conference in Long Beach and Palm Springs each spring, and the TEDGlobal conference in Edinburgh UK each summer -- TED includes the award-winning TEDTalks video site, the Open Translation Project and TED Conversations, the inspiring TED Fellows and TEDx programs, and the annual TED Prize.
- U.S. Department of Education
- Compiles a variety of information relating to government initiatives and educational programs at all levels, education-related grants (look under OERI) and statistics (NCES), and departmental publications. News bulletins about department activities are added frequently. Statistics retrieval is unreliable, but otherwise the information provided seems current. It also provides access to individual state education departments. Searchable index and searchable department phone directory available.