“Experts tell us that children need to hear 1,000 stories read aloud before they begin to learn to read for themselves."
Join the 1000 Book Hall of Fame!
Who is it for?
Any child from birth until he or she enters kindergarten!
How does it work?
- Stop by the library and pick up a notebook (reading log) and bookmark.
- Record the titles of the books that you read in the notebook.
- Receive a sticker for every 100 books read (you may read and count the same book multiple times).
- When you reach 1,000 books, your child will receive a free book, an invitation to the 1,001 book party, and their picture in the 1,000 Book Hall of Fame!
Did you know?
- If you read only 1 bedtime story every night for 3 years, you will have read 1,095 books!
- If you read 10 books each week for 2 years, you will have read 1,040 books!
- Double that rate to complete 1,000 books in 1 year!