2012 Summer Reading Program: Dream Big - READ!
For Families & TK-4th grade
"Dream Big - READ!"
For 5th-12th grade:
"Own the Night"
"Between the Covers"
Register online for Summer Reading,
Dream Big and Read to meet these goals for earning prizes and book bucks, and to attend the End of Summer Reading Carnival.
- Family Program: Reading & activity log for young readers.
- Dream Big - READ! (TK-4th):
On the Reading Log: 15 minutes = 1 star sticker = 1 library book buck. Earn library bucks to "buy" prizes at the Carnvial on July 28.
On the Activity Sheet: 6 of 11 clouds filled in = one coupon (Culvers, Subway, etc.). Full sheet completed = second coupon.
All prizes for TK-4th readers will be given out on July 28 at the Carnival.
- Own the Night program (5th-12th): Readers will receive an Activity Packet to complete. Other challenges include submitting book reviews online, solving Minute Mysteries, and punch cards for reading,
- Between the Covers (adult program): Book clubs in June & July. Readers can also sign up for chances to win prize baskets and/or an Amazon gift card by keeping reading logs and submitting book reviews.
Reading logs, calendars, and other handouts for your summer reading:
You must be registered for summer reading to earn prizes for the minutes you track.
These documents are in PDF format. If you do not have a PDF reader, you can download the latest free version of Adobe Reader here.
- Ages 0 - Preschool: Family
Activity Sheet || Instructions
- Ages 0 - 4th grade: Schedule
of Events for the Family Program & TK-4 program.
- Grades TK - 4th: TK-4
Tracking Sheet for marking the minutes you read each day. 15 minutes = 1 star sticker.
- Grades TK - 4th: Cloud Activity Sheet
- Grades 5th - 12th: Sign Up Instructions
- Grades 5th - 12th: Activity Card
- Grades 5th - 8th: 5th-8th Schedule of Events.
- Grades 9th - 12th: 9th - 12th Schedule of Events.
- Grades 5th - 12th: Novel Writing Contract.
- Adult Program: Directions
- Adult Program: Survey (complete to enter a prize drawing)
- Adult Program: How to Submit a Book Review in the Library's Catalog
If you have any questions about summer reading or online registration, please call us at (712) 722-2138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.