Library Elf - Receive emails when items are due!
Who uses Elf?
Anyone who wants to reduce overdue fees
Families with children and lots of books
Individuals with several library cards
Email alerts before items are due
Email alerts on overdues
Consolidated list of yours or your family's library loans
Cellphone text message alerts for holds (not all carriers are compatible)
Real-time checking by browser
How do I sign up?
- Request a PIN from the Sioux Center Public Library. If you already have a PIN from us, skip to the next step.
- Visit www.libraryelf.org to set up an account. Click the Sign Up link in the left menu.
- Enter the email address that notices will be sent to. Create an Elf password (different from your PIN).
- Enter your first & last name.
- Click the Create Elf Account button.
Step 2: Enter your library card information
- Enter first & last name.
- For library, choose IA - Sioux Center Public Library.
- Enter your 8-digit card number.
- Enter the library card PIN you received from SCPL.
- Click the Save button.
- LibraryElf will test your card number & PIN.
Step 3: Setting up notifications
- Choose your notification option for items due.
- Choose your notification option for items overdue.
- Notifications for holds: Currently, the Sioux Center Public Library will continue to notify you directly when a reserved book is ready for you.
- Leave Delivery method at Email.
Once you create an account and add your card, you can access all of your account options on the left menu under the "User Services" heading. You can add additional cards for others in your household, change notification settings, or suspend notifications when you’re away on vacation.
LibraryElf is only a notification service. To renew your items, call 722-2138 or login on SCPL's site with your 8-digit card number and PIN.